Thank you for your interest in working at Grace Bible College. Our mission is to graduate godly individuals prepared to serve Christ in church and society. The Grace community is comprised of faculty and staff dedicated to this goal.
FACULTY/AFFILIATE POSITIONS – ADULT & ONLINE
Thank you for your interest in teaching in the Adult and Online Education program. Please download, complete, and e-mail the Background Check Form, Faculty Appointment Questionnaire, Confidentiality Statement, 2 letters of recommendation, and your curriculum vitae, to email@example.com.
Background Check Form Download Word.doc
In addition, please have your official transcripts sent to the attention of:
Lizette Lopez, AOE Registrar
Grace Bible College
1011 Aldon SW
PO Box 910
Grand Rapids, MI 49508.
Upon receipt of all required information, your file will be reviewed and you will be contacted.
If interested in working on-campus as a student, please submit the following application to Sherea Lacy in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FACULTY POSITION - TRADITIONAL PROGRAM
Start Date: to be determined, preferably between May 1 and July 1, 2015
Reports To: Vice President for Academics, Academic Dean
Status: Full-time Faculty, 12 Month, Non-Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with degree and experience
Summary: The Director of Library Services provides a number of important services to faculty and students which enhance the effectiveness of both the traditional and adult and online academic programs. This position holds faculty status.
The Director of Library Services is responsible for the following tasks which include, but are not limited to:
- Formulating and administering Library policies, procedures and goals.
- Developing and maintaining a collection of resources which enhance, augment, and facilitate the academic pursuits of the students and faculty of the college.
- Managing the Library budget and expenditures.
- Supervising the classification and cataloging of Library resources.
- Supervising the circulation and usage of Library materials and resources.
- Regularly assessing the effectiveness of Library services and resources.
- Managing the use of the Bultema Memorial Library building.
- Providing Reference services to students and faculty.
- Promoting faculty-library cooperation and interaction by attending faculty meetings and serving on committees as requested by the VPAA
- Maintaining a cooperative relationship with the IT department of the college.
- Maintaining membership in professional organizations, such as the Association of Christian Librarians.
- Selecting, training and supervising student Library Assistants and any other paraprofessional employees or volunteers.
- Supervising and coordinating Library services and resources with the Online Services Coordinator.
- Supervising the Archive Collection.
- Submitting annual reports required by accrediting bodies and government regulations.
- Promoting the awareness and use of Library Resources.
- Writing regular reports for submission to the VP of Academics and the Board of Directors.
- The Director of Library Services is responsible for additional duties as assigned by the Vice President for Academics of the traditional program.
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and demonstrate personal maturity and godliness, growing in conformity to the image of Christ.
- Support the mission statement of “Graduating Godly Individuals Prepared to Serve Christ in Church and Society.”
- Education/Training – A master’s degree from an ALA approved program.
- Three years previous experience in managing an academic Library is preferred.
- Team Player – Must display the ability to be a team player yet have the self-drive to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Judgment – Sound decision-making, prioritization skills, prompt follow up, and the ability to maintain a high degree of integrity is a key element.
- Communication Skills – A pleasant and helpful demeanor, as well as the ability to communicate in a manner that is courteous and professional is important.
- Computer Skills – Solid working knowledge of Ebsco and ProQuest Databases, Google Docs, and Microsoft Office. The ability and aptitude to learn and become a comfortable user of the academic modules and portals within the campus management system is important.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Sherea Lacy at email@example.com