Becky played volleyball at Zeeland High School from 1999-2003, winning a district title in 2002. She competed in AAU volleyball three seasons for clubs based in Jenison and Grand Rapids. Upon graduating high school Coach Karsten has played in competitive leagues, both indoor and beach, several times a week.
Over the last two years Coach Karsten has had the privilege to coach five NCCAA Midwest All-Region players, ten NCCAA scholar athletes as well as a Frank Vanderlann Award (achievements in athletics and academics as well as Christian character and campus involvement) recipient.
Her 2014 team was also honored by the NCCAA with the Scholar Team Award as they achieved an in season team cumulative grade point average of 3.6 (the highest GPA in the NCAA II).
In her most recent season Coach Karsten led the tigers to its first winning record in 21 years; Grace’s 5th winning record since 1979. The 2015 team ended their season by capturing 3rd place in the Mid-West regional tournament.
Emily graduated with an Exercise Science degree from Cornerstone University in 2009 and is currently employed at Venture International in Hudsonville as a Research Analyst. She played volleyball at Zeeland High School from 2001-2005, and club volleyball for Zeeland Volleyball Club and Dropzone. Emily currently competes in several indoor and outdoor volleyball leagues throughout the year. She also played short stop for the Cornerstone Golden Eagles softball team.
She resides in Grand Rapids and enjoys watching and playing sports, playing cards, reading, biking, camping, playing guitar, and spending quality time with family and friends.
To connect with the team - please follow all the GBCVB social media accounts!
Brad is a student member of ACSM and NSCA, and he holds a CPR certification through the American Heart Association. He is currently studying for Performance Enhancement Specialist Certification through NASM. Brad is a former intern with Barwis Methods Strength and Conditioning, and is now co-owner of Titan Training Systems LLC. He has experience training many different levels, all the way up to professionals, as he assisted in training the Grand Rapids Griffins hockey team in the summer of 2014.
He will be the head strength and conditioning coach for all 7 athletic programs here at Grace.
- Current Record: 14-13
- 10/23/15 Grace 3, Mount Mary 2
- 10/23/15 Finlandia 3, Grace 1
- 10/20/15 IUNW 3, Grace 0
- 10/17/15 Grace 3, Dayspring 0
- 10/17/15 Grace 3, Silver Lake 0
- 10/16/15 Grace 3, Lake Michigan 1
- 10/14/15 Kellogg CC 3, Grace 1
- 10/10/15 North Central 3, Grace 1
- 10/10/15 Finlandia 3, Grace 0
- 10/9/15 Grace 3, Mount Mary 1
- 10/9/15 Grace 3, Gogebic CC 1
- 10/6/15 Albion 3, Grace 0
- 10/3/15 Grace 3, Mount Mary 1
- 10/3/15 Illinois Tech 3, Grace 0
- 10/1/15 UM-Dearborn 3, Grace 1
- 9/30/15 Grace 3, GLCC 0
- 9/26/15 Moody 3, Grace 0
- 9/26/15 Grace 3, Dayspring 0
- 9/22/15 IUNW 3, Grace 1
- 9/19/15 Moody 3, Grace 0
- 9/19/15 Grace 3, Finlandia 0
- 9/17/15 Grace 3, GLCC 0
- 9/12/15 Grace 3, Johnson (TN) 1
- 9/12/15 Kentucky Christian 3, Grace 1
- 9/11/15 Grace 3, Crown College (TN) 0
- 8/29/15 Emmaus (IA) 3, Grace 1
- 8/29/15 Grace 3, Dayspring (IL) 0